[petsc-dev] API changes in MatIS

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Wed May 9 13:29:48 CDT 2012

Finally I have some time to work on BDDC. I'm thinking to restyle some of
my BDDC code. In particular in setting up the coarse environment,  I want
to implement a function (mostly reusing some BDDC code I already wrote)

MatiSSubassemble(A, IS ISSubdomains,*B,*intercomm,*partial_scatter)

which, given subdomain indices, creates a new MATIS matrix on a subcomm of
the communicator of A by subassembling. In particular,  ISSubdomains should
come from a call to MatPartitioningApply on the adjacency matrix of the
subdomains.

The communicator of B is the subcomm of A of processes which will receive
some of the local matrices
intercomm will be the communicator which can be used between each receiving
process and their sending "friends"
*partial_scatter will be the scatter context associated to the intercomm

Jed, do you already wrote something similar for your PA? What's the best
logic for you? Should I use MatCoarsen?