[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] make test failed

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 19 15:53:32 CDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Satish Balay wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Barry Smith wrote:
>

>> On Jun 19, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Satish Balay wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Barry Smith wrote:
>>>
> '\n'.
>
> It appears that the extra '\r' char is causing bash to process strings
> incorrectly.

   Yes, but exactly how? Run the winzip to get the extra \r in them. Then start removing them as you run the script to determine exactly where the grief comes from. I do not think the extra \r are
always harmful, just if they come up in the wrong place. If you determine this you can reformat the original code to not have the bad \r cause grief.

   Barry