[petsc-dev] How to dump matrix in petsc

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jun 10 10:20:07 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Dave Nystrom <dnystrom1 at comcast.net>wrote:

> Is there an easy way to dump a matrix and rhs in petsc?  I have a
> particular
> system that has been challenging to solve with petsc other than using
> direct
> solves.  Also, if I could dump the linear system, is it acceptable to post
> it
> on this email list so that someone who knows more about petsc and linear
> solvers could investigate it if they had the time and inclination?

Run with -ksp_view_binary (it produces a file called 'binaryoutput')

Don't email large files to the list. You can send up to a few MB to
petsc-maint. If you can't host larger files yourself, anonymous ftp to
ftp.mcs.anl.gov, cd incoming, and upload the file (preferably with a unique
name), then tell us the file name.