[petsc-dev] http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/rev/a36eb42b26ee

Dmitry Karpeev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 7 18:04:42 CDT 2012

If you built a nested fieldsplit and wanted to look at the ksp monitor
output from all the levels of nesting, before this fix
the output would be extremely confusing.  This is because setting the tab
level on a PCFIELDSPLIT's inner KSPs doesn't
actually set the tab level on its PC.  If one of those PCs is itself a
PCFIELDSPLIT, its inner KSPs all of a sudden will not be indented enough
(with a bit of work I can generate sample output of this kind).  So, one
solution is to make sure that
setting a KSP's tab level forwards that to its PC as well.  There is
precedent for this in KSPSetOptionsPrefix(), which is what I followed.
 These calls are  KSP-specific because they also manipulate ithe KSP's
inner objects (the PC).
I guess we could make this call virtual by making
PetscObjectIncrementTabLevel() etc. dispatch through a function pointer.

Finally, note that it is the KSP is giving its tab level to the DM, not the
other way around.
This is probably inconsequential, unless you view the DM.

Dmitry.