[petsc-dev] Fwd: [petsc-maint #119133] petsc-dev configure crash

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 6 15:55:06 CDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 3:48 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> One of the concerns we discussed earlier is the additional
> requirement: 'subrepo' usage should be same/similar to 'single repo'
> usage. This clearly is not possible with (A). [we have to buy into the
> sub-repo model and use it appropriately].
>
> i.e be aware which commands work with subrepos by default - and which
> ones need '-s' for subrepo
>
> I think most users only need to pull and update which will do the right thing with subrepo.

    This needs to be checked explicitly with an experiment. If I do a hg pull ; hg merge in petsc-dev does the right stuff happen in the BuildSystem subdirectory (a similar pull then merge/update happens automatically).  Can someone make a new test repository on the petsc machine petsc-buildsystem-dev so we can all clone it and try our work flows and make sure everything is good. Note this is only for testing, not for using (until it passes all sanity tests).

   Barry