[petsc-dev] Fwd: [petsc-maint #119133] petsc-dev configure crash

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 6 14:57:51 CDT 2012

>> A) make buildsystem a subrepo (svn external for those familiar with svn)
>
>   There have already been many discussions on petsc-dev about how hg subrepos suck and don't satisfy all our needs.

That's why I asked about a current list to see exactly what need isn't
met. So far, I only have that older mercurial clients wouldn't be able
to push (but pulling should work fine); so all devs would need a
recent mercurial client.

>> B) merge buildsystem into petsc-dev and use graft / transplant to
>> maintain a separate repo
>
>   Yuck.

Yuck? Everyone would win: Matt would have his separate repo and there
would be no more unsynchronized changesets.