[petsc-dev] Fwd: [petsc-maint #119133] petsc-dev configure crash

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 6 11:41:36 CDT 2012

>   Did I ever say a mechanism to "run arbitrary code"?  I do not believe I did, nor did I even hint at running arbitrary code. What I want is a mechanism to run another hg command, in fact a specific hg command. Not "arbitrary code".

Which boils down to arbitrary code :-) Your type of proposal has
rejected repeatedly and no one has proposed a safe way to do it. If
you feel this is easy, then by all means submit a patch to mercurial.
You might as well train people to use 'hg pull -u' and have
./configure add the hook but Satish maintains that this doesn't solve
all problems (which he is right) so it's useless (which I disagree
with). Oh well. What do you propose, Barry?