[petsc-dev] What needs to be done before a release?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 1 17:07:38 CDT 2012

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012, Blaise Bourdin wrote:

> > Hm - we do have explicit interfaces - for ex: VecGetArrayF90() does not work without it..
>
> Touché...
>
> So where should the interfaces for PetscOptionsGetEnum and PetscBagRegisterEnum go?

Presumably into finclude/ftn-cusom/petscsys.h90 [similar to
petscvec.h90] There are also petscvecdef.h90 petscvechide.h90 there -
I'm not sure if you would need similar stuff to for enum.

Also you'll need finclude/petscsys.h90 [similar to
finclude/petscvec.h90] - and petsc.h90 including petscsys.h90]

Just a comment. Interface for VecGetArrayF90 its mandatory. But looks
like its optional for PetscOptionsGetEnum()/PetscBagRegisterEnum(). But then - internals
of these routines wont' work without a f2003 compiler anyway.

Satish