[petsc-dev] switch petsc-dev to use --with-shared-libraries by default?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 1 13:18:07 CDT 2012

I think the problems come from different types of externalpackage
usages. [for ex: mpi not built shared]. Also we don't explicitly build
all externalpackages shared - and this can cause grief in some
cases. [they just get pulled into libpetsc.so]

We had this default for a while and then gaveup. But now that we
default to --with-single-library=1 - some of those issues don't bite
us..

Satish