[petsc-dev] c2html and sowing fail on windows.

Chetan Jhurani chetan.jhurani at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:09:59 CDT 2012

I'm trying to build the mercurial version of petsc
on windows using very basic options.  It tries to
configure c2html and sowing automatically.  I'm
guessing that is because both packages say that
worksonWindows and downloadonWindows, and since
configure sees it is working in the hg repo.

However, c2html gives this error -
Cannot build c2html. It requires either "flex"
or "lex" in PATH. Please install flex and retry.

And building sowing gives this error -
cl.exe  -I../../include -I../../include -c arch.c
arch.c(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'sys/utsname.h': No such file or directory

I'm not using GCC.

Of course, using "--with-sowing=0 --with-c2html=0"
avoids the issue for now, but both the packages don't
work on windows out of the box.

Chetan