[petsc-dev] Problematic Merge of FieldSplit

Dmitry Karpeev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 10 03:41:37 CDT 2012

Evidently, I am confused: the current code (Matt's
http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petscdev/annotate/0d4ccb990bb8/src/ksp/pc/impls/fieldsplit/fieldsplit.c#l592
)
as well as what I had (
http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/annotate/a36eb42b26ee/src/ksp/pc/impls/fieldsplit/fieldsplit.c#l555
)
both set the inner KSP(A00) prefix to that of the outer KSP(A00).  This is
because schur's inheriting the prefix from the 0 split is
equivalent to setting it with PetscSNPrintf(schurprefix, sizeof
schurprefix, "%sfieldsplit_%s_", ((PetscObject)pc)->prefix ?
((PetscObject)pc)->prefix : "", jac->head->splitname);CHKERRQ(ierr);
That works for me.  Matt, I thought that didn't work for SIMPLE?

Dmitry.