[petsc-dev] BDDC code

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 30 21:59:21 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 04:04, Stefano Zampini <stefano.zampini at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm partially refactoring BDDC code I contributed to petsc-dev, trying to
> limit the extent of hand-written code and to exploit already existing PETSc
> code. I want to know if there are DM objects in PETSc suitable to store
> informations related to the local to global map of MATIS objects which I
> can use to manage communications between different levels (through
> DMCoarsen, DMGetInterpolation and DMGetMatrix). DMMesh can do the job?

Sorry for the slow reply. The question, I think, is how to produce a
Galerkin coarse grid operator of type MATIS. I think we can write
MatPtAP_IS without too much trouble, although I don't know how it would
perform.

I don't see how there is enough information in a MATIS to define coarsening
and interpolation algebraically. But maybe you are thinking of making
PCBDDC algebraically construct a grid hierarchy? I would not be inclined to
put that into DM, instead, I would call PCMG functions directly.