[petsc-dev] Mercurial Plugin for Emacs

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 10 17:38:53 CST 2012

This is a follow-up to Jed's email about EGG (Emacs Got Git:
https://github.com/byplayer/egg), and I figured this deserved its own
thread.

It seems someone has recently started a mercurial version of the git plugin
called Monky: https://github.com/ananthakumaran/monky

It's a little rough around the edges but still pretty neat. It allows
staging (by file only, no hunks) and interaction with mq. I'd like someone
(i.e. Jed) to implement hunk staging but even without that it's nice to not
have to go to the command line to commit or see the diff :-)

Basic usage is `M-x monky-status` then use 'n' and 'p' to navigate the list
of files. You can see the diff of what changed for a selected file by
pressing '<tab>' and then stage that file for commit by pressing 's'.

I figured some of you would be interested in this, so I thought I'd pass it
along.