[petsc-dev] Petsc Support for Bandwidth Minimization

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 2 23:28:13 CST 2012

On Jan 2, 2012, at 10:54 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 22:50, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> We needs a script that runs every  night and tells us what manual pages are missing.
>
> Can you make it write the man pages too?

   Sadly, because of our lack of parsing tools, I cannot even write a tool to tell us what manual pages are missing.

   If we had decent parsing tools we'd be able to trivially:

*   generate lists of all enum values, XXXTypes etc without manual pages

*   generate a list of all manual pages XXXX that reference YYY while YYY does not reference XXXXX

*  generate lists of cliques of manual pages and suggest missing cross references from the given graphs of the references

* probably even cooler things I cannot think of