[petsc-dev] BuildSystem optional requirements

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jan 1 17:37:03 CST 2012

This code is so fragile. Isn't there a way to say "if the user requested
ParMetis in *any* way" instead of enumerating the list of ways that it
could be asked for. Should we also check whether the user asked for
ParMetis using --with-parmetis-{include,lib}? I hate the idea of checking
argDB directly like this.

      if self.framework.argDB.get('download-parmetis') or
self.framework.argDB.get('with-parmetis'):
        self.parmetis   = framework.require('PETSc.packages.parmetis',self)
        self.deps.append(self.parmetis)