[petsc-dev] Intel compilers + CUDA

John Fettig john.fettig at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:03:55 CST 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> for one I mistyped the option - it should be: --with-cudac='nvcc -ccbin
> icc'

When I try this, configure fails because nvcc gives a warning on my machine
when used with icc:

icc: command line warning #10156: ignoring option '-fp'; no argument
required

Honestly, I really don't care if gcc is used for nvcc.  I guess the main
issue for configure is determining what are the flags that can be passed
through in this case.  I guess I'll just continue modifying the makefiles
by hand after configure (and commenting out the check for gcc inside
conf/PETSc/packages/cuda.py)

Thanks,
John