[petsc-dev] petsc-dev on bitbucket

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 9 20:26:01 CST 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Sean Farley wrote:

> > Hell, if you *really* want to, just create the account: petsc-release(s)
> > then the URL would be
> >
> > http://bitbucket.org/petsc-release/petsc-3.1
> >

> Actually, it's even easier than that:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev/downloads
>
> which provides downloads for all taged changesets.

tags are no good. we implrement branches in different clones.

You could argue that we should throw away branches in clones have all
clones in a single branch - and change our workflow.

But I think this will be too confusing to most of us [yeah you could
change your bash prompt to always indicate wich branch you are on -
wich is equivalent to 'cd different clone' - but not all of us are
that sophisticated]

Satish