[petsc-dev] petsc-dev on bitbucket

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 8 10:46:17 CST 2012

>   Push two places manually? WTF, presumably Mecurial is feature rich
> enough that you could automate the whole process of "pushing to 2 places"?

Already ahead of you, B-man. I added a hook to petsc-dev on petsc.cs.iit.edu.
Someone should test that it works (by pushing to petsc.cs.iit.edu)

> Ok, I need to understand more how bitbucket handles a hierarchy of
> different repositories with different permissions in different parts and
> have a hierarchy of managers of the repositories and adding new
> repositories. I don't want to just have haphazard creation of new
> repositories without a proper relationship between them.

The question to ask is how does mercurial handle hierarchies of repos? The
answer is: unless they share a common ancestor, it doesn't (except for the
idea of subrepos).