[petsc-dev] Seeeeaaaannnnnn!

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 20 22:15:30 CST 2012

  Seeeeaaaannnnnn!

   Yes Jed I know Apple computers suck.

   But how do I fix this? Note that simply changing SCALAPACK.py to scalapack.py doesn't resolve the problem. Note also that SCALAPACK is of the FORTRAN, LINPACK, EISPACK ilk where the name is officially and correctly ALL IN CAPS so in fact SCALAPACK.py should remain SCALAPACK.py and not move to lower case :-(

   Google only led me to old posts that I don't trust to resolve the problem.

   Barry

Barrys-MacBook-Pro:tests barrysmith$ hg pull
running ssh hg at bitbucket.org 'hg -R petsc/petsc-dev serve --stdio'
pulling from ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 10 changesets with 24 changes to 24 files (+1 heads)
(run 'hg heads' to see heads, 'hg merge' to merge)
running hook post-pull: "$HG" $HG_ARGS -u $@ --cwd config/BuildSystem
running ssh hg at bitbucket.org 'hg -R petsc/buildsystem serve --stdio'
pulling from ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/petsc/buildsystem
searching for changes
no changes found
Barrys-MacBook-Pro:tests barrysmith$ hg merge
abort: case-folding collision between config/PETSc/packages/scalapack.py and config/PETSc/packages/SCALAPACK.py
Barrys-MacBook-Pro:tests barrysmith$