[petsc-dev] Fwd: [Xlab] slow pagefault on KNC

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 17 12:00:21 CST 2012

Assuming that the penalty for page faults reduces ideally with the
number of threads, one would obtain an average ~4us with 240 active
threads. Nevertheless, 850 us is terribly large, so Amdahl's Law will
hit hard...

Since I don't think the Xeon Phi will be the last type of accelerator
from Intel, why not include such a test? I don't know how portable this
is, though...

Best regards,
Karli