[petsc-dev] a TS feature

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 10 22:40:44 CST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>  I'd the ability to provide to TS a list of times at which I'd like the
> ODE integrator have exactly match that time on a time-step (that is adjust
> the delta t near that time to hit it exactly).  This is something Shri
> needs.

Is this general enough to add to the library itself? He can write an
adaptive controller that hits any times he wants.

As a library feature, I'd be more interested in having a controller that
attempted to hit the zeros of a user-provided functional (because that
could be used for other forms of model nonsmoothness).