[petsc-dev] MatMatSolve_MUMPS

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 6 12:25:04 CST 2012

Eric, we would welcome an implementation that batched together a
run-time-specified number of RHS vectors and used MUMPS' native
multiple-RHS routines. The problem is that there has to be enough memory to
store them all on rank 0, which is non-scalable, but the MUMPS developers
do not care to fix that aspect of their interface. The current
implementation solves only one at a time, which is less efficient than
solving several at a time.