[petsc-dev] Remove calls to XXXReset() in XXXDestroy()

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:25:49 CDT 2011

On 13 May 2011 16:07, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>   I think because I've never done truly serious programming in Python or C++ I haven't developed this total instinctive aversion to calling methods in the destructor.

Indeed. After two or three times of having to debug issues related to
that, you learn a lesson :-) ... and Python could be even harder than
C++, because of the GC that can start running at any time.

> So, for me, it is a completely reasonable thing to do, while for you it appears as a cardinal sin of terribleness.

Well, not so terrible, but better to avoid if reasonably possible.

Other entry for http://twitter.com/#!/shitbsmithsays !!!

--
Lisandro Dalcin