[petsc-dev] autogeneration of petscconf.h for C, C++ and Fortran

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Fri May 13 03:58:56 CDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 04:43, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On occasion the same options in petscconf.h don't work for both C and C++
> compilers, for example for __intel_fast_memcpy().

This is just insane, but I thought the compiler automatically expanded
normal memcpy to __intel_fast_memcpy. I just checked and my Intel C and C++
compilers (versions 10 and 11) do this automatically at -O2 and above.
Should PETSc ever be calling it directly?

 Should we instead generate three files one for each language?

If it's really necessary, why not put both in the same header guarded by
#ifdef __cplusplus ?