[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #67637] Re: [petsc-users] Scalability of AO ?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 21 15:57:18 CDT 2011

  We originally started with multiple libraries because in the 1990's PETSc libraries were "BIG" and made live hard for some filesystems and linkers. Now libpetsc.a is not big, by modern standards of big so is there any reason at all to keep the option of having lots of libraries (that don't get tested properly)?

  Barry