[petsc-dev] Integrating PFLOTRAN, PETSC & SAMRAI

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Jun 6 15:45:12 CDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 22:41, Boyce Griffith <griffith at cims.nyu.edu> wrote:

> At least in my code, and I expect in Bobby's too, all Mat and PC objects
> are just shells.  So the only non-PETSc objects are Vec wrapper objects.

You are still supposed to call MatAssemblyEnd() which does this.

> At least at some point in history, it was necessary to call
> PetscObjectStateIncrease on the "output" vectors in calls to MatVecMult /
> MatVecMultAdd / etc.

I think it is done consistently now. If not, it's a bug.

How do the SAMRAI wrappers get access to Vec's internals to modify it? That
is, how do they turn a Vec into some mutable structure?