[petsc-dev] petsc-dev totally busted

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 3 14:57:55 CDT 2011

On Jun 3, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>   I hate C++
>
> It is currently the only way to do intelligent things with multiple types. I am trying to
> send integers around. VecScatter is completely broken for this because we use C.

  You and your damn "send integers around", come up with your own damn abstraction for moving integers around and stop trying to piggy back on VecScatter :-)

  I do agree with you that we need to add something that is abstractly equivalent to templates into  C for PETSc  :-)  Sean, get your clang going!

   Barry