[petsc-dev] PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage() and its need for the matrix

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 13 18:36:39 CST 2011

I have pushed to petsc-dev the following change set

changed	PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage() to NOT require the Mat before being called, now it just keeps a copy of the package name and us\
es it later
added PCFactorSetUpMatSolverPackage() actually calls MatGetFactor() so there now exists	a factor matrix	and PCFactorGetMatrix() can b\
e called and then options set from the program.

please report any problems.

The one think I have NOT done is move the KSPSetOperators() to later in the code now that it can be. Hong showed me a case today but I don't remember it so if someone could fix that it would be great.

Now in theory one need not call KSPSetOperators() before KSPSetFromOptions()