[petsc-dev] documentation webpage is broken

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 8 20:00:17 CST 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 4:12 PM, Aron Ahmadia wrote:

> link to the source of DMCreateGlobalVector from http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/DM/DMCreateGlobalVector.html
>
> goes to a broken url: http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-dev/src/dm/da/interface/dm.c.html#DMCreateGlobalVector
>
> the functional url is: http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-dev/src/dm/interface/dm.c.html

  Satish,

    Something is seriously wrong with the development version of the online docs. The old location http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-dev/src/dm/da/interface/dm.c.html#DMCreateGlobalVector was changed months ago. Is something not being properly rebuilt?

  You should use Emacs etags to do this kind of thing. See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-dev/docs/manual.pdf section 13.8 To find all the implementations use meta . functionname then meta 0 meta . to go to the next etc etc.  No pain.