[petsc-dev] PaStiX solution

Alexander Grayver agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Dec 28 08:11:37 CST 2011

Jed,

I tried LU, the result is the same (attached). The matrix is recognized
as a symmetric, even though I put in the code:
     ierr = MatSetOption(A,MAT_SYMMETRIC,PETSC_FALSE);
     ierr = MatSetOption(A,MAT_SPD,PETSC_FALSE);

Seems like internal check?
I checked positive-definiteness of the matrix in matlab (using [L,p,s] =
chol(A); test) and it's not SPD.
So it seems like PaStiX is not very robust. This case is not one inch
close to the bad cases I used MUMPS with.

Regards,
Alexander