[petsc-dev] Output MPISBAIJ

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Dec 18 11:13:22 CST 2011

  Alexander,

     It is not hanging, it is just very very very slow. The code to do the parallel binary saving of sbaij matrices is total crap. (While for AIJ it is scalable code). The code will only run at reasonable speed for very very small matrices.

     Do you really need this functionality? I ask because it is a moderately big project to fix the code and in many years you are the only one who has had this problem.

   Barry