[petsc-dev] controlling vector values while doing matrix free operations

Bobby Philip philipb at ornl.gov
Thu Dec 15 09:22:17 CST 2011

Hmmmm..sorry guys - the entire thread got put away in a folder by my mail reader and I just discovered all your emails :-)

SNESVI looks interesting but as someone pointed out I am using matrix free. And as I understand from Barry a matrix free version of SNESVI is not implemented. The idea of flipping the sign seems to be a poor mans approach that might work for me though I would still need some mechanisms in SNES to put the hooks in.

Bobby