[petsc-dev] how come PETSc doesn't contain the SPIKE algorithm?

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 7 20:39:17 CST 2011

Hey, SPIKE_algorithm is a block version of the algorithm PPT and PPD
we published almost 20 years ago
http://www.cs.iit.edu/~scs/psfiles/efficient92.pdf
I did this work at graduate school; the paper took 3+ years to appear ...
Surprisingly, the SPIKE_algorithm uses the same notations as we did in
the paper, V's, W's ...

4-5 years ago, a Columbia physic graduate student implemented PPT using PETSc.
I helped him improved it (see attached report). We were at the point
to move to the block version for its optimization.
Then I was drafted to other projects, and the student turned to physic
experiments. The work was
interrupted. I still keep the codes of this work.
I would love to resume it and get it included in petsc library.

Hong