[petsc-dev] PetscViewerASCIISynchronizedAllow

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 21 10:13:28 CDT 2011

On Apr 21, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 17:03, Jed Brown <jed at 59a2.org> wrote:
> Currently this needs to be called, but is not available from Fortran and is marked as developer level. Is there a plan to make it somehow automatic (I thought the function was introduced because it was expensive to do it automatically), or did someone forget to make Fortran bindings and set the Level?
>
> And should this have a push and pop model.

   I realized it when I was half done implemented but was too lazy to do it correctly.

   Also PetscSynchronizedFlush() should be changed to use the PetscViewerFlowControlStart() paradigm allowing bigger chunks then one message at a time for flow control, see for example VecView_MPI_Binary() again I was too lazy to do that correctly.

   So someone can do these things or add them to http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/developers/projects.html

   Barry