[petsc-dev] pushing MASSIVE change to PETSc-dev

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 21 08:23:04 CDT 2011

  I have just pushed a massive change to petsc-dev. All destructor functions of the form XXXDestroy(XXX) are now XXXDestroy(XXX*), so for example KSPDestroy(ksp) should be replaced with KSPDestroy(&ksp).  This has no effect on Fortran codes that remain the same. I have tested with C and C++ but likely missed a few instances.

   To avoid dealing with this change immediately you can do

   hg pull
   hg update d3e10315d68b

  to work with the last version before this change, then when you are ready to update do another

   hg pull
   hg update

If you are actually changing PETSc code then you cannot delay doing the full update.

  Please report all problems to petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov or petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov

    Barry

To update your code quickly in emacs you can make a tags file for your source by, for example, etags *.c  then in emacs do meta visit-tags-table CR CR which loads the tags file and then  meta tags-query CR Destroy(\([a-zA-Z]\) CR Destroy(&\1     where CR means hit carriage return