[petsc-dev] buildsystem package dependencies

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 5 11:20:21 CDT 2011

Not sure I understand. If I say 'mpi depends on mpe' - then the link line is:

-lhypre -lmpi -lmpe

But thats incorrect usage - and not what I want.. The correct usage is:
-lhypre -lmpe -lmpi

The issue comes up with -llmpe - which traps MPI_xx functions - and does some
logging - and then calls MPI_xx functions from -lmpi. i.e usage is:

-lhypre -llmpe -lmpe -lmpi

Satish