[petsc-dev] Constrained optimization

Todd Munson tmunson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 6 11:41:59 CDT 2010

Yes, it would be in TAO land.  However, this type of problem
is an extension of box-constrained variational inequalities
(which are being added to PETSc) to cone-constrained
variational inequalities.  I've not delved into the
algorithm employed, but there are certainly methods
you could apply for cone constraints.  I'm just not
sure how far PETSc wants to get into more general
variational inequalities.

Cheers, Todd.