[petsc-dev] MatGetLocalSubMatrix, MatLocalReference implementation

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 20 17:01:15 CST 2010

  Jed,

   Just pick what you want, but if you do use "local" then it should match the use of "local" in other parts of PETSc (for example a local Vec is a ghosted "part" of a global Vec). For example, if you suddenly starting calling unghosted sequential Vec parts of a global Vec it would be confusing. So just use your judgement, I can't tell what you are asking half the time so don't always expect a coherent response.

   Barry