[petsc-dev] configure failing because of old nvcc

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 12:57:30 CDT 2010

Do we really want this? Perhaps CUDA should be just disabled, instead
of configure failing? Note that I've not actually asked for a
CUDA-enabled build:

$ cat linux-gnu/conf/reconfigure-linux-gnu.py
#!/usr/bin/python
if __name__ == '__main__':
  import sys
  import os
  sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath('config'))
  import configure
  configure_options = [
    'PETSC_ARCH=linux-gnu',
    '--with-shared-libraries=1',
  ]
  configure.petsc_configure(configure_options)

[dalcinl at nikola dev]$ python linux-gnu/conf/reconfigure-linux-gnu.py
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
TESTING: checkCUDACompiler from
config.setCompilers(config/BuildSystem/config/se===============================================================================
** CUDA Error: PETSc requires nvcc version 3.2 when compiling with --withcuda **
        CONFIGURATION CRASH  (Please send configure.log to
petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov)

Lisandro Dalcin
CIMEC (INTEC/CONICET-UNL)
Predio CONICET-Santa Fe