[petsc-dev] Problem with latest "petsc-dev" change

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Nov 4 09:56:39 CDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 09:47, Bobby Philip <philipb at ornl.gov> wrote:

> Is this just an extern C type issue?

No, it had to do with Sun's C compiler defining __func__, but their C++
compiler does not unless you give a flag that, when set, caused an internal
compiler error when building Prometheus.  So I made configure test for
things like __func__ separately for C and C++, but of course we can only
test for the C++ version if PETSc's configure has access to a C++ compiler.
 I forgot to define the C++ macro when configure does not see a C++
compiler, which caused the undefined symbol when later building user code
with a C++ compiler.  It's fixed now.

Jed