[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint #47934] fieldsplit

Matthew Knepley petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 17 11:44:12 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    Matt,
>
>      Jed is not on petsc-maint. He is suppose to writing his thesis :-)

Cool, I only asked because I knew he did stuff on MatGetSubMatrix and its
interaction
with FS.

>       MatGetSubMatrices() was written for doing ASM, hence it only works in
> that limited way.

Can't this be fixed by making these submatrices have blocksize one by
default, specified from
FS? That would leave the ASM behavior intact. This moves MatGetSubmatrices()
more in the
direction of MatLoad() where you can pass in constructed Mats if you want.

   Matt

lead.