[petsc-dev] Use of dmmg->computefunction ?

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Jan 14 16:23:15 CST 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:50:25 -0600, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    How many times am I going to have to pound it into your head that
> DMMG is a misconceived, poorly designed piece of junk :-(

Okay, okay, I get it [1].  But DMMG still does cool stuff that is
currently an unreasonable amount of work to do without using it.  Of
course doing this without DMMG is very interesting to me because I'd
like some of these things to happen inside of a time integrator, and TS
has no business knowing about DMMG.  I can currently make this happen
with some funky patching of the SNES so that SNESSolve calls my function
that picks up the DMMG and calls DMMGSolve, but that's not ideal.
Anyway, while thinking about this, I end up browsing DMMG source and get
curious when I can't find an algorithmic reason for something.

Jed

[1] You have high standards.  :-)