[petsc-dev] PETSC_USE_SOCKET_VIEWER macro - controlled by configure or not

Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Tue Jan 12 18:08:33 CST 2010

Hi there,

I am tying to help a researcher here build his application against
a PETSc (3.0.0 p9) installtion at another site that seems to have
undefined references to:

PETSC_VIEWER_SOCKET_

in it.

Looking at my local installtion, the undefined refs are seemingly
fixed up in    libpetsc.a

send.o:
         U MPI_Attr_get
         U MPI_Attr_put
         U MPI_Comm_rank
         U MPI_Keyval_create
         U OMPI_C_MPI_NULL_COPY_FN
         U OMPI_C_MPI_NULL_DELETE_FN
00001a4a T PETSC_VIEWER_SOCKET_

however on the implementation that the researcher is looking to build
against, that "T PETSC_VIEWER_SOCKET_" is not there.

I noticed in the example config script for the Cray that there's a
notification that:

# After running configure, remove the following flags from petscconf.h
#
# PETSC_HAVE_SYS_PROCFS_H
# PETSC_HAVE_DLFCN_H
###### On Cray XT4 the following additional flags need removal ########
#
# PETSC_USE_SOCKET_VIEWER
# PETSC_HAVE_GETPWUID

and think that this might be the problem here.

Am I right in thinking that PETSC_USE_SOCKET_VIEWER, the macro
that determines whether PETSc compiles in any socket viewer code
is not something that gets turned /onoff automatically by any
option to configure  ?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971