[petsc-dev] Old docs for petsc-dev

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 8 11:18:30 CST 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:41:35 -0600 (CST), Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> > Part of the complexity is: the docs have dual roles - for both website
> > and the tarball.  The stuff in 'snapshots' on the website is from the
> > tarball.
>
> Okay, that makes sense.  When sending someone a link, I'm always looking
> at the pages in snapshots because it's easy to switch between
> referencing a release versus development version of the page.

Yes, the snapshots are supporsed to be consistant to the release/dev
tarballs.  And the website [except for developer section] is supposed
to be consistant to the current release.

[and some petsc docs are generated/modified during tarball generation
process]

I pushed the commit - adding dev.html to petsc-dev.tar.gz

Satish