[petsc-dev] define in petscconf PETSc is a development version?

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Jan 7 10:31:43 CST 2010

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:20:10 +0100 (CET), "Toby D. Young" <tyoung at ippt.gov.pl> wrote:

> > Sounds like you're getting a header from the wrong place
> >
> >   http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/file/4466b94188f4/include/petscversion.h
>
> Could be that Jed, and anyways I am rebuilding from scratch.
> But on your link above PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE == 1 too...

That is in the PETSC_VERSION_ macro,

  #define PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE    0

When you use PETSC_VERSION_(3,0,0), you will only match the 3.0.0
release.  People usually do something like

#if PETSC_VERSION_GT(3,0,0) || !PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE
  /* stuff introduced after release-3.0.0 */
#endif

Maybe PETSc should define PETSC_VERSION_GT to facilitate this.

Jed