[petsc-dev] Why both DMMGGetFine and DMMGGetDMMG?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 7 08:22:24 CST 2010

On Jan 7, 2010, at 3:50 AM, Jed Brown wrote:

> They are identical.

    Looks like someone added the DMMGGetDMMG() who didn't know about
the other one. I have removed it.

> Also, is there a mnemonic for the _n_* prefix?

    Looks like someone went crazy encapsulating tons of stuff that
didn't not need to be encapsulated and DIDN'T properly document this
change in changes/dev.html!

    Seems to me all the _n_ should be changed to _p_, I don't see the
value in having two different ones since they generally seem to serve
the same purpose. Who will fix this?

    Barry