[petsc-dev] Mat/DM dependency

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 2 12:44:06 CST 2010

On Jan 1, 2010, at 7:12 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 14:50:33 -0600, Matthew Knepley
> <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That is definitely a problem.

   I am not convinced yet that this is a problem. The dependency is
only in one specific Mat implementation that should not require
pulling in the DM library unless that specific Mat implementation is
specifically used. Since that specific Mat implementation is not used
in the Mat examples it should not require pulling in the DM library.

    Barry