[petsc-dev] forget about libmpiuni completely

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 17 16:54:57 CST 2010

    We want both the transparency and simplicity to the user PLUS a
common way of handling things in PETSc to reduce the learning curve of
PETSc developers and PETSc maintenance.

     Each "special case" in PETSc is a flaw in our design, and an
admission we made a mistake or didn't really know how to do things.
Currently the MPIuni stuff is a bit of special case.

     Barry