[petsc-dev] many subdomains per process

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 7 17:09:37 CST 2010

    This might be a much easier way. Based on the maximum number of
nonzeros in any row of the matrix we can use that to give an upper
bound on the overlap size.
(Number of entries in the IS)*(Maximum number of nonzeros in the
matrix) This is the worst case situation where each row of the IS
introduces completely different overlap entries. Generally it would be
much smaller.  This, at least is trivial to try.

    Barry