[petsc-dev] Cache detection

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Feb 2 14:39:06 CST 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:41:15 -0600, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    Jed,
>
>      You used "with" in the code, sorry but this is not allowed for
> maximum portability of the python. I have "fixed" this and push.

Oops, I thought it had been there for a while, but maybe not really that long.

>      There is a bug in the code when --with-batch is used and the
> tests fail can you please take a look at it and fix it.

Okay, so your sysconf doesn't support this attribute and neither does
getconf, so it's returning an out-of-band value and configure complains
that it's out of range.  I added C-side sanitization of the return value
so that it will use the defaults if auto-detection fails.  Should I also
redirect stderr so that getconf doesn't print the error (when called by
conftest)?

Jed